There are SO many things that can cause you to not lose weight:
**NOT EATING ENOUGH
***EATING TOO MUCH
****NOT WORKING OUT
*****NOT ENOUGH SLEEP
********NOT DRINKING SHAKEOLOGY
*********NOT EATING ENOUGH FRESH FRUITS AND VEGGIES
**********NO DRINKING ENOUGH WATER
The list can go on and on. I'm sure you KNOW most or all of these things. If you are NOT losing weight more than likely this is one of the reasons. So pay attention to what you are putting in your body each day. Cut out the bad and add more of the good.
Good luck to you!
If the best things in life are free, then today is a good day to be alive.
A Beachbody classic—ActiVit Multivitamin Formula—is now FREE (plus $4.95
What is ActiVit?
It's health in a bottle. Formulated with safe and natural, herbal ingredients, ActiVit® Multivitamins can help enhance your physical and mental wellness, increase bone strength, stimulate your immune system, and slow the affects of aging.
Where can I find the offer?
I finished it my Ultimate Reset detox ( www.myultimatereset.com/mhoward ) . The results were really good. More than I expected. In 21 days I lost 18 pounds and around 10 inches. I feel so much better. My skin looks better, I feel better and have more energy and I'm sleeping much better.
I didn't go and get my cholesterol checked before I started because I've never had a problem with it. However, if you have a problem...I suggest you get tested before you start and after you are finished. That way you can see the health benefits of the Reset.
I will be doing another Reset in the future. It's such an amazing way to clear your body of unwanted toxins.
Day 3 of Ultimate Reset is coming to an end and things are going very well. It's amazing how good I am feeling. I'm actually looking forward to totally cutting out meat next week. Ha! Did I really just say that??
I'm NOT a huge meat eater, but I like an occasional steak or pork chop and love grilled chicken breast. Not a fan of fish of any kind.
I was very surprised this morning when I weighed in. I'm already down 3.6 pounds. It's so motivating to me. The last 9 to 10 months of being sick I just gained weight and never lost even an ounce. I'm so thankful to Ultimate Reset for helping my body "bounce" back.
My mom is also doing very well...except for the horrible headaches she has been having. She is use to drinking coffee each morning and since we started this detox she has quit. I told her she should ween off, but oops...she's hard headed like me and it just going cold turkey. ;)
If anyone has any questions about ULTIMATE RESET...just ask...questions are one of the best parts of my job as a Team Beachbody Coach.
In His Name,
Well, day 2 of the Ultimate Reset has been a lot easier. First of all, my mom and I got our meals spaced out properly so we weren't so full today. Yesterday, we got a late start watching the 2 DVD's that came with the program.
Today my mom and I found some gel capsules to put the Alkaline in. That stuff is not good tasting at all. So, we each filled up 6 capsules and took those before our snack instead of drinking it.
My mom and I each weighed this morning. She lost almost a pound and I lost just over a pound. Not bad results for one day. I'm really looking forward to day 21 results.
Our eating has been simple. I really appreciated all the meal plans that came with the program; however, my mom isn't much of a cook and personally...I don't like to cook...and being on bed rest...I shouldn't be up cooking any how. Darn my luck.
Okay, that's it for today. My mom, my daughter and I are finishing up watching the end of Gone With The Wind. I'm a huge fan. My mom not so much. My daughter's first time! So far...she is liking it. She says it's a good history lesson.
For those of that you know me...know that this past year has been major stress for me. I started off going to a doctor in March of 2011. She ran lots of test on me and told me that every thing was normal. I was healthy.
Not happy with the results I got from her I sought out a new doctor after several months of having female issues that were not any kind of normal I have known in my 40 years of living life.
It took my 3 1/2 half months to get into my new doctor. Of course she sent me to get the same blood tests my family physician ran on me. I heard again I was healthy and nothing was wrong with me. You can imagine my frustration. I broke down in her office and told her that being on my cycle for 2 weeks heavy and pmsing the other 2 weeks and gaining weight was NOT normal for me.
Finally, my new doctor sent me in for an ultra sound. The ultra sound revealed the source of all the health issues I had been having. I had 3 major issues going on with my body. ONE: Enlarged uterus. It was the size of a basket ball and it's suppose to be the size of my fist. TWO: A tumor the size of a soft ball attached to the lining of my uterus. THREE: Endometriosis which is enlarged ovaries.
There was nothing I could do about the large uterus. For my ovaries the doctor put me on birth control to get them back to normal size. The down size to that...it takes up to 3 months for that to heal them up. The tumor was the most stressful. I had to go in for a very painful biopsy. Luckily, it was NOT cancer.
So, one year and 2 months later I finally had a robotic hysterectomy. The worst part is being on bed rest. The best part is that I no longer feel like a totally insane person. It was so hard having doctors tell me nothing was wrong with me when I knew there was some thing wrong. Some thing very wrong.
May 2, 2012 was my hysterectomy.
Today is May 7, 2012 and my mom and I have decided to start the ULTIMATE RESET ( www.ultimatereset.com/mhoward ). My body needs all the help it can get bouncing back from surgery and my mom has high cholesterol. So this will be totally beneficial for the both of us.
So far so good on day one. We haven't been hungry at all. Seems like we are going to the bath room more than normal, but that's good, right?? Flushing out the toxins!
Week one is cutting out dairy and red meat. I don't think that is going to be hard at all since I'm more of a chicken eater. Dairy won't be super hard, but I do like hard boiled eggs on my salads so that is a change I must make.
That's it for now. Day one in the books.
Here are five reasons why most people fail to reach their goals:
1. Wish List and Cross Your Fingers
You cannot simply write down a list of wants on New Year’s Day, stick it in a drawer for the rest of the year and wait around for your life to change.
2. Clear as Mud
Your goals have to be crystal clear. You have to give clear instructions to your brain in order for it to see and ‘draw’ into your life what you need to accomplish your goals. Just like the combination on a lock or the digits in a phone number or an ATM code, if the instructions are off by only one digit, they won’t work.
3. All Talk
Proclaiming your goal is just the starting point. Now you have to actually draw a map for exactly how you are going to get there and define the resources you’ll need to arrive safely.
4. Houston We Have a Problem
You must have your own command and control system to keep on track along your journey into the unknown.
5. Lack of Reinforcements
And don’t forget the support and guidance of people and resources you will need along the way. Before marching blindly into the next year, the first, and most important, activity is to take a look back at the year just finished. Take an inventory, add it all up and see how you did.
Tired of eating the same salad, day after day? Hit up your supermarket, food co-op, or one of the many winter farmers’ markets for some new, seasonal ingredients. Getting creative with new flavors and textures is also a great way to sneak extra nutrients into your salad bowl. Here are a few alternatives to typical salad fixings that you can use to revamp your next salad on any Phase of the South Beach Diet:
* Skip the iceberg lettuce and choose more nutrient-dense greens, such as baby spinach, romaine, arugula, or a spring mix like mesclun. You can also toss fresh well-trimmed and cut up kale with some lemon juice, salt, and pepper, let it sit for an hour or so, and then shave Manchego cheese or Parmesan over it. A salad option for Phase 2 is to prepare a Sicilian citrus salad, using orange or blood orange slices and a vinaigrette made with extra-virgin olive oil, fresh lemon juice or juice from the oranges, salt, and pepper.
* Take advantage of your barbecue (you can still fire it up in the winter) and grill eggplant, artichokes, squash, fennel, or shiitake mushrooms with a basting of herb-infused extra-virgin olive oil.
* Add sliced avocado or olives for a touch of heart-healthy monounsaturated fat. You can also slice up a hard-boiled egg and use some cornichons or anchovies as an alternative for olives.
* Toss in grilled salmon, shrimp, or tofu, rather than grilled chicken.
* Top with some chopped pecans or almonds, or a handful of sunflower seeds, instead of buttery white-bread croutons.
* Make your own salad dressing with a mix of extra-virgin olive oil, Dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, freshly ground black pepper, and fresh herbs. Trying a new store-bought dressing is fine, too, as long as it doesn’t contain more than 3 grams of sugar per 2-tablespoon serving.
That’s right… I just said that. Why? Because I don’t want you to fall into the 90% of people that never make it past the first turn of the calendar in regards to their new goals.
I have definitely “been there”. Start the first week of the New Year with the best of intentions, expect everything to happen quickly just because you had one perfect week of restricting calories and working out like an insane person. Then guess what happens… you fall right off the wagon because of expecting too much from yourself right away. Put this away in your mind right now – it takes 4-6 weeks to see any noticeable differences in your body. Changing your lifestyle is a matter of mind-set and discipline – not a crash course diet.
A healthy lifestyle is NOT an “all or nothing” factor. It’s the determination to make small changes, little by little, that add up to the greatness you will become. It’s the unbreakable will that gets you back up after a setback and reminds you to just keep going no matter what. It’s the little repeated actions daily that will bring you the success you’ve dreamed about.
Start right now and get that vision in your head. Do you want to lose weight, gain muscle or perhaps both? Whether you want to lose 10 lbs or 100 lbs – you need a clear picture of how that will look in your mind. Otherwise… what are you working so hard for? Your mind needs to know what the body is working towards to get the best results.
Then… what can you do… RIGHT NOW? This is super easy! Go get a glass of water and decide to start drinking more of the good stuff. Your body simply cannot function properly without enough H20 – it carries all the toxins out. And… do you drink soda? If so, cut it waaaaay back until you don’t have the desire to drink it. You can train yourself to replace it with water and lose 10-15 lbs in about a month! (Seriously… I’ve done this!)
Obviously you need to move your booty also – but no need to start off all hardcore and set yourself up for failure. Start slow – you will be surprised how quickly you get more endurance, stamina and strength. Even crazier is that after you break through any mental barriers you have against exercise – GET THIS – you will wake up everyday WANTING to workout knowing how much better you feel and how much more energy you have all day long. The thing is – you can restrict calories all you want and lose weight but if you want your body shape to change and look good – you need to work that body out also.
I’m not telling you to jump right into P90X or Turbo Fire – instead I’d recommend to go at your own pace. Find the one exercise that makes you happy. If you hate your treadmill more than anything on this planet… DO NOT START THERE. You need to like what you’re doing for yourself and it should be viewed as enjoyable or why bother? You will soon be so resentful that you’ll decide to quit.
So… rather then start off the New Year with a resolution – let’s try for a brand new mind-set. Write down your goals so you know what you’re working towards and promise yourself that each day you will make one more small healthy choice. I promise they will all add up and you’ll be on your way to the best version of you before you know it!
Make 2012 your best year yet! Come and join The Beachbody Challenge: www.teambeachbody.com/mhoward
By skipping breakfast your metabolism actually slows down to preserve energy. People who eat breakfast every morning are more likely to lose weight and keep it off proven through various studies. So enjoy being healthy and eat breakfast within an hour of waking up.
Reduce cravings for sweets by eating protein. By eating popular breakfast foods with high protein content such Shakeology ( www.shakeology.com/mhoward ), a Greek yogurt, whole grains, and eggs, you are less likely to crave sugary, high calorie pick-me-ups during the day.
*Only takes 10-15 minutes/ Can cause injuries if not done
*Can cause painful injuries by trying to do too much weight
Doing too much
*Target specific muscles, not all in one day
*You can't make up a missed session. Continue with your regular workout.
Over doing it
*If workouts are too intense you will give up
Being afraid of strength training
*You don't have enough testosterone to bulk up like a man
Lack of variety
*Your body adjusts to exercise so you have to change it up to shock the muscles
Exercising a single body part
*You have to workout the entire body for results
This holiday season, don’t undo all the hard work you've done. Follow these easy tips, and you’ll be able to enjoy the holiday season without packing on the pounds.
By Stephanie S. Saunders
It's that time of year. The leaves turn majestic hues of red and gold. The air becomes fresh and crisp. We can finally put an extra blanket on the bed and cuddle up with a cup of hot tea. Yes, it's fall. We just spent 8 months killing ourselves to get into that bathing suit, but now we've replaced it with a worn pair of jeans and a much more relaxed attitude towards food. After all, it's the holiday season, and no one'll notice a few extra pounds under la
Woman Holding Up Jeans
Wrong. According to a study by researchers at Sweden's Linköping University, those 4 weeks of celebrating can actually lead to long-term weight gain.
Essentially, the researchers took a group of healthy young people, increased their caloric intake by 70 percent, and lowered their exercise levels. They also had a control group whose diets weren't altered. At 4 weeks, the participants in the test group had gained an average of 14 pounds. After 6 months, and no longer on an increased-calorie diet, only a third of these participants had returned to their original weight. After 1 year, the test group members were each still an average of 3.3 pounds heavier. After 2 and a half years, the "gluttonous" group continued to gain, while the control group still maintained a stable weight.
Most of us don't increase our calories that drastically for 30 days straight. Sure, there's Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving leftovers, Hanukkah, the work Christmas party, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year's Eve, and New Year's Day, not to mention the extra sweets, cocktails, and (ahem) fruitcake. But according to the New England Journal of Medicine, the actual average weight gain over the holidays is only 1 pound. (They obviously didn't poll my family or friends.) So what's the big deal? The problem is, a year later, the vast majority of people have not removed that pound. Continue this pattern over 30 or 40 holiday seasons and the problem becomes—quite literally—huge.
So how are we supposed to get through the holidays without gaining weight? Here are eight effective ways to get yourself ready to beat the holiday bulge.
1. Buy clothes that fit right now. This first tip might be a bit pricy, but it's a great motivational aid in staving off weight gain. A new addition to your wardrobe in a size that shows off your summer body can be all you need to prevent those extra pounds from creeping on. Imagine that beautiful holiday dress or great pair of pants, then imagine being unable to zip them up thanks to sugar cookies. Yeah, no one wants that. So before you begin the festivities, go buy yourself something perfect to wear to your parties and hang it someplace visible, so it serves as a constant reminder. Perhaps on the TV where you play your P90X®, INSANITY®, or TurboFire® videos, or in front of that treadmill that might be starting to collect a little dust in the corner, or on your refrigerator door . . . that way, if it doesn't fit quite the same way the next time you try to slip into it, you know it's time to get back to work.
2. Write it down. We try to write down everything we eat, right? We spend countless hours each month staring at a food diary, adding up our calories, and seeing if we got the correct balance of macronutrients. And then the holidays happen, and our little book ends up in the bottom drawer. It's almost like we're hoping that if we didn't write it down, it didn't happen. Unfortunately, the scale doesn't fit in that bottom drawer. The truth is, if we would write down the not-so-perfect meals and treats, we could find a way to compensate for them, at least a bit. For example, you have a peppermint brownie in the break room at work, which you know is carbohydrates and fat. Eat one less portion of carbohydrate and one less portion of fat for your dinner. It's not ideal, but it'll help. Or perhaps you couldn't resist Mom's homemade scones for breakfast. You could plan on an extra 20 or 30 minutes of your workout tonight. The point is, if we write it down, and do the math, we can lessen the damage. It isn't a good long-term plan, but to help compensate for a few slip-ups, it can help.
3. Woman Running on TreadmillKeep exercising. Most fitness trainers will tell you the slowest point of their year is between Thanksgiving and New Year's. Sure, their clients schedule workouts with the best of intentions, but then they cancel them for parties and gift shopping. It's hard to remain balanced when you have a million things to do and gifts to buy. Yet the greatest gift you can give yourself is to stay focused on your fitness goals and get your workout in. Shopping getting in the way? Do it online and save some time. Parties getting in the way? Just show up later. Who cares if everyone else is a couple of cocktails ahead of you? You'll be healthier, and you won't have to worry about the embarrassing YouTube® videos in the morning. Just stay consistent, even if it's inconvenient. You'll be much less likely to look like Santa (both belly-wise and red-nose-wise) at the end of the month.
4. Eat before parties. Most holiday parties don't focus on low-fat, low-calorie refreshments, so unless you're organizing the event, the best damage control is to show up with a full tummy. Make sure you eat your meals and snacks throughout the day, and try to eat a healthy meal before attending any party. If you're going straight from work, prepare a healthy and filling snack to eat on the way. You'll be a lot less likely to swim in mayonnaise dips and pigs in blankets if you're full.
5. Get junk out of the house. The majority of people don't get into their car at midnight, drive to the store, buy the ingredients for cookies, bake them, and then stay up to eat them. But if those homemade cookies that Linda in accounting made for you are already on your kitchen counter, you better believe you'll find a way to justify it. Frankly, at 12:30 AM, after a rotten day, for most of us there's nothing like a few cookies to drown our sorrows. The secret is to get the garbage out of the house. Send it to work with your significant other, donate it to a bake sale, re-gift it to your 100-pound friend with the perfect metabolism, or just dump it in the trash. Linda will never know. If you have holiday dinner leftovers, box them up for your guests individually and send them home with them. If your family still sends you that Pepperidge Farm® cookie assortment, invite a bunch of people over for a pre-party party and serve 'em up before the drinks. Try not to be wasteful, but get the less-than-healthy temptations out of your reach.
6. Fresh VegetablesOffer to prepare healthy fare. This suggestion won't be well received by those of us who'd rather spend Thanksgiving sitting around watching football than toiling in the kitchen, but if you do the cooking, you have the control. Your family could have a tasty and satisfying meal without ingesting thousands of calories and fat grams. The way the turkey is prepared, the type of stuffing, how vegetables are made, whether the cranberries are real, and countless other things can make or break the healthiness of a meal. There are tons of cookbooks out there, plus recipes in this and past newsletters, that can help you out. Yes, it does require a bit of work. But you're part of the Beachbody community. You can do anything!
7. Choose wisely and proportionally. Something occurs during a holiday meal. It's like a Las Vegas buffet—we feel like we have to eat some of everything. We feel almost like those foods will never exist again, and this is our last meal on the planet. This year, why not try to eat only your favorites, as in two or three items, and keep the portions to the size of your palm? If you're still hungry, try to fill up on veggies (preferably ones that aren't drowned in butter or cream-of-mushroom soup). If you want dessert, lean toward a small slice of pumpkin pie (220 calories) as opposed to pecan (a heftier 543), leaving out the hydrogenated nondairy whipped topping if possible. If you're going to have an alcoholic beverage, go with a flute of champagne (100 calories) as opposed to that rum-laced eggnog (with more than four times more calories, at 420). Just a few wise choices will save you a ton of calories, and probably a significant amount of heartburn as well.
8. Don't beat yourself up. Quite possibly the worst thing you can do is beat yourself up over a bit of holiday indulgence. Yes, it does stink to backslide after working your tail off. But sometimes it doesn't stink as much as dealing with your mother when you turn down her brisket and potato pancakes. Sometimes, we don't have time to go to work, buy a Christmas tree, decorate it with our kids, make dinner, oversee homework, tuck kids in bed, and spend an hour doing our Beachbody workout of choice. We can only do our very best. Mentally beating yourself up will only make you feel worse, which never helped anyone get back to their fitness program. So if you happen to gain that 1 extra pound this holiday season, be part of the rare group who actually follows through with their New Year's resolution and manages to shed it again. A week of hard work and a slight calorie deficit should do the trick. Resolutions don't come easier than that!
A wise person once said, "The toughest part of a diet isn't watching what you eat. It's watching what other people eat." That really is the crux of the problem with dining out in public. When you're surrounded by people who are consuming the equivalent of their body weight in fat grams, it's really tough to stick to that chicken breast and steamed veggies. But if you have a game plan, you're more likely to walk out with both a satisfied tummy and a satisfied mind. So spend a few minutes on researching, on eating, and on exercising beforehand, and be strong when you get there. The effort will be worth it, and you might even be an inspiration to your dining partner. What greater reward is there than that? Oh, yeah—a six-pack.
For more articles like this one check out: www.teambeachbody.com/mhoward
I just got this from one of my DynaMAXX associates. I had to share! ___________________________________________________________________________
FYI...Chris and I are starting the DMX on January 2nd - we already ordered ours! BUT...we wanted to cleanse and drop some weight for all the Christmas Parties and do the Cleanse before Christmas!!!
Chris = Down 8 Pounds in 8 Days
Pam = Down 7 Pounds in 7 Days
So, I had to share!!! It's awesome and amazing and are tummies are so flat :-)! Remember, it targets the GUT and attacks it :-)!!! So, order yours and even share the news! Who doesn't want to cleanse...and a quick 10 days and drop that QUICK unwanted weight!!!
That Aloe Herbal Cleanse is HOT!!!!
To learn more about the Aloe Herbal Cleanse go to www.mydynamaxx.com/mhoward
DynaMAXX International was founded by marketing experts and longtime friends Bill Ladwig and Jay Archer. Although they came together to showcase superior products attached to a potent business opportunity, their overarching desire in starting DynaMAXX was more about helping people.
"At DynaMAX, not only do you get great instant gratification products at great prices coupled with a powerful business opportunity, when you join the DynaMAXX family you'll see that we have a huge heart," Ladwig says.
"We do things for the right reasons. We didn't start this company with the intention of making a quick buck. We spend a lot of time helping our Associates be all they can be through personal development. Our goal is to help make you a better person by being a part of our company. If you spend any time around our Associates or come to one of our corporate events, you'll see for yourself everything we do comes right from the heart-we mean what we say."
I love DynaMAXX! I am proud to be on the ground floor of this company. It was a low start up fee and easy to sell to my friends and family.
One of the best features is...sign up for auto ship of any product and you get if for what I pay for it. How can you beat that??
To learn more about DynaMAXX and view all the products check out www.mydynamaxx.com/mhoward
Just in time for a little holiday cheer, we're givin' away 500 Team Beachbody® bucks to TEN LUCKY WINNERS—just for workin' out in the SuperGym®.
How does it work?
* 10 people will win a $500 Team Beachbody eGift Card.
* All you have to do is log in to the SuperGym and press "Start Now" any time between 1:00 PM–2:00 PM (in your local time zone) this Saturday, December 10th.
* 2 winners will be selected from each of the five time zones (HT, PT, MT, CT, and ET).
You can sign up for free account at www.teambeachbody.com/mhoward . If you need help setting up a home page...just let me know. Or if you need help logging in your workouts...just let me know. I'm here to help.
I'll see you in WOWY!
Here is the amazing news and the reason why Beachbody held the release. Tropical Shakeology is coming in January and it will be VEGAN! Yep, that’s right….the long awaited Vegan version of Shakeology is coming much sooner than expected.
So exactly does “VEGAN” mean? There will be NO more problems for those of you who want to stay away from any dairy and animal products. Shakeology’s protein currently comes from Whey protein isolate, which in my opinion is the best whey protein you can possible use, however some people just don’t want any dairy or animal products what so ever so now there is an option available for them!
So instead of Whey protein, Beachbody is making the protein from sprouted brown rice! They also said it will be NON-GMO! Of course it is!
So what about the other flavors? Well, all other flavors will eventually roll out into Vegan as well. Carl Daikeler, the CEO of Beachbody, said that he hopes everyone will eventually switch to the vegan option since, in his opinion, it will by far be the healthiest. Here is a fun fact, Co-Creators Darin Olein and Isabelle Daikeler are both vegan so they are obviously trying to make this the healthiest of them all.
They also said that they are taking out the suma root from Tropical and future Shakeology packs so athletes don’t have to worry about drug testing with it anymore. Drug tests can determine the difference between a plant sterol and anabolic steroids so obviously this was a concern for athletes. No more! That problem is long gone!
Carl also said that it is now his favorite flavor, above chocolate. Yes, I said it, above Chocolate! That’s nuts! Chocolate Shakeology is delicious, so I can’t imagine a flavor that trumps that! Hmm, possible mix the two flavors together? A Tropical/Chocolate Shakeology! Sounds good to me!
Apparently they have worked on the flavor since the coach summit and made it even better; and perhaps a more strawberry flavor to it! There might even be some cool things for those already on Shakeology Home Direct!
Be on the look out for Tropical Shakeology VEGAN to launch right after the end of the year! If you want immediate updates on when it’s available, then make sure you make me your free Beachbody Coach so I can update you!
To get me as your free Beachbody Coach, got directly to www.teambeachbody.com/mhoward
Make sure to sign up for a FREE Team Beachbody Account to get personalized support, help keep you motivated, and gain access to free tools to keep you on track with your health & fitness goals. Sign Up Here -------->>>>>> www.teambeachbody.com/mhoward
Holiday shopping can be stressful. Between driving all over town, long lines in crowded stores, and the never-ending holiday music, it’s enough to make you want to throw up your hands and exclaim, “Bah, humbug!”
Let us help. We’ve put together a list of 40 Beachbody® gift ideas that will help make those in your life feel not only happy, but also healthy! We divided the gifts by price-point so you can simply decide how much you wish to spend on someone and choose from several suggestions that are within that range. All items are available online, so take off that winter jacket, grab a glass of Shakeology®, and knock out your holiday shopping quickly and with the confidence that the gifts you’re giving will enrich the lives of those who receive them!
PLUS: If you’re a Team Beachbody VIP Club member, you will automatically save 10% off all items you purchase on TeamBeachbody.com.
How to find out if you’re a Beachbody VIP Club member?
1. Go to TeamBeachbody.com and click the “Sign In” button at the top of the page.
2. Click on the “Shop” tab in the upper navigation menu.
3. Scroll down to look at the price for Shakeology. You’ll see “Regular Price: $119.95″. But, if you’re a Team Beachbody VIP Club Member you’ll also see “Your price: $107.95.” That’s a savings of $12.00 or 10%!
If you’re not a Team Beachbody VIP Club member, consider joining now. If you plan on purchasing 3 or 4 Holiday gifts on TeamBeachbody.com, the savings you get could more than cover the 3-month membership fee. Learn more, and sign up for Club.
9 gifts $25 or less
* Tony and the Folks ($9.95) – Tony Horton’s name is synonymous with P90X, but this low-impact DVD is perfect for parents, grandparents, or anyone who is looking for a low-impact workout.
* Tony and the Kids ($9.95) – Trying to get your kids into fitness? Let them have some fun with Tony Horton in this entertaining DVD.
* P90X T-Shirt ($19.95) – Do you know someone who just finished P90X? Congratulate them with this shirt! It’s also the perfect companion gift to P90X for someone who is just starting the program.
* TurboJam Camouflage Tank ($19.95) – If you know a gal who loves to Jam, help her to show her spirit with this flirty tank top that’s got just enough “Grrr!”
* Shaun T’s Fit Kids Club ($19.95) – Shaun T brings the fun in this DVD that is a great gift to get all the kids in your life interested in fitness for life!
* Get Real with Shaun T ($19.95) – This DVD is great for tweens who aren’t old enough or ready for the intensity of INSANITY but who want to lose a few pounds.
* Weighted Gloves ($19.95) – If someone you know is looking to tone up their arms, these weighted gloves add the resistance needed to help those on their way.
* P90X Protein Bars ($23.95) – Instead of reaching for an unhealthy snack, these 12-packs of protein bars will help fuel your special someone in their workouts.
* $25 Team Beachbody eGift Card – This holiday season, give someone the gift of fitness! With the $25 gift card we’re starting to offer this holiday season, they’ll be able to purchase any of the gifts above or use it as a discount on one of the items below.
8 gifts $50 or less
* Chin-Up Max ($29.85) – This adjustable chin-up tool is perfect for someone working his or her way up to full pull-ups. As they get stronger, they just reduce the resistance!
* Total Body Solution® ($29.95) – Exercise isn’t just about losing pounds and inches. It’s also about feeling great and helping to prevent injuries. In this DVD, Debbie Siebers shows how the right exercises that can help heal injuries.
* Slimming Formula ($29.95) – Help a friend or family-member get a powerful head start on their weight loss journey. Our unique blend of pyruvate and green tea extract is proven to help people significantly increase weight loss and improve exercise endurance.
* Chalene Johnson’s Get on the Ball ($39.90) – This gift includes a cool Turbo Ball – a secret weapon toward gaining a six-pack. For ripped, rock-hard abs and blazing fast results, Chalene Johnson’s program is top-notch.
* B-Lines Bands ($39.95) – Got a frequent traveler on your fitness gift list? Just as effective as free weights in building muscle, these resistance bands are much more portable and convenient, so the recipient can work out anytime, anywhere.**
* Tony Horton’s Signature PowerStands ($39.90) – For the perfect push-up, these can’t be beat. They strengthen and sculpt while reducing the strain on wrists and forearms. Plus, they’re comfortable to grip and won’t budge in the middle of a move.
* P90X Results and Recovery Formula® ($49.95) – This protein drink is perfect just after a P90X or INSANITY workout, and it’s great after any intense exercise session to help refuel your body and reduce muscle soreness so you can push just as hard the next day.
* $50 Team Beachbody eGift Card – This holiday season, give someone the gift of fitness! With the gift card we’re starting to offer this holiday season, they’ll be able to purchase any of the gifts above or use it as a discount on one of the items below.
6 gifts $75 or less
* Brazil Butt Lift® ($59.85) – It’s not easy to get the perfect butt…unless you’ve got help from Leandro Carvalho, trainer to world-famous supermodels! Help that special someone prepare for a beachside getaway or just to look great every day in their favorite pair of jeans!
* Hip Hop Abs® ($59.85) – Great for party people, hip-hop, and dance fans, this workout program will help sculpt their abs with fun moves rather than crunches.
* Slim in 6® ($59.85) – In just six weeks, someone you know could reshape their body. Start them on the right path with this workout program that’s great for people of all fitness levels.
* P90X Chin-Up Bar ($59.95) – Pull-ups and chin-ups are key to getting sculpted back, shoulder, and arm muscles. This portable bar lets you do all those great exercises.
* TurboJam® ($59.85)– Raise someone’s heart rate with this kickboxing-inspired workout program from Chalene Johnson.
* Bowflex Strapless Heart Rate Monitor ($74.85) – To see results, it’s important to make sure you’re working at the right intensity. This comfortable monitor will let the recipient do just that without needing to wear a chest strap.
6 gifts $100 or less
* Body Gospel® ($79.70) – For someone who might want a little motivation from above, this faith-ba
* Ten Minute Trainer® ($79.80) – Need a gift for the person who has no time but wants to get fit? These ten-minute-long workouts will fit into anyone’s schedule!
* RevAbs ($89.85) – For someone who wants to get that sexy six-pack, this capoeira-influenced workout program from trainer Brett Hoebel is just the ticket.
* ChaLEAN Extreme® ($89.95) – This workout program from TurboJam and TurboFire trainer Chalene Johnson is ideal for women who want to get toned.
* INSANITY: THE ASYLUM® ($89.95) – For the INSANITY grad, this intense athletic conditioning will help them get into top shape in just 30 days.
* $100 Team Beachbody eGift Card – This holiday season, give someone the gift of fitness! With the gift card we’re starting to offer this holiday season, they’ll be able to purchase any of the gifts above or use it as a discount on one of the items below.
5 gifts $120 or less
* Shakeology® ($119.95) – Help that special someone make a change to their eating habits by gifting them with a 30-day supply of Chocolate or Greenberry Shakeology, the Healthiest Meal of the Day®! They can enjoy it as a meal replacement or as a healthy, yummy snack. Each shake will help them increase energy, become more regular, lose weight, and feel great.
* TurboFire® ($119.70) – Chalene Johnson’s intense kickboxing-inspired cardio conditioning program is great for anyone who is ready to bring the heat to their workout.
* P90X® ($119.85) – Do you know someone who wants to transform their physique with Tony Horton’s revolutionary program? Get them P90X, and they’ll thank you 90 days later!
* P90X2™ ba
* INSANITY® ($119.95) – For the ultimate in cardio conditioning, Shaun T’s workout is perfect for people who are ready to transform their bodies in just 60 days.
6 Ultimate Gifts
* P90X One-on-One® ($239.40) – If someone you know wishes they had Tony Horton as their personal trainer, pick them up any volume of this DVD set and they can learn from Tony as he works out in his own gym!
* INSANITY Deluxe with Mat and Bonus Workout ($239.70) – If someone on your list is hoping for INSANITY this year, why not get them this deluxe version that comes with a mat, a body fat tester, and an extra workout?
* TurboFire: The Complete System ($239.40) – This version of TurboFire is the perfect gift pack. It comes with everything, including weighted gloves, B-Line resistance bands**, a jump mat, and five advanced workouts.
* $250 Team Beachbody eGift Card – This holiday season, give someone the gift of fitness! With the gift card we’re staring to offer this holiday season, they’ll be able to purchase almost any of the gifts on our list.
* P90X2 Ultimate ($299.95) – This version of P90X2 includes two additional workouts, the Tony Horton PowerStands, a RumbleRoller, and two Medicine Balls**!
* $500 Team Beachbody eGift Card – This holiday season, give someone the gift of fitness! With the gift card we’re starting to offer this holiday season they’ll be able to purchase any of the gifts on our list and more.
Questions about your workout program, diet, the latest newsletter, or anything wellness related?
Shop now at www.teambeachbody.com/mhoward
WITH A TEAM BEACHBODY eGIFT CARD!
It's simple. Choose the card you want to send, fill out the form, and place your gift card order.
Clothes and games come and go. Now give the gift that'll last a lifetime: good health. It's easy with the Team Beachbody eGift Card.
Team Beachbody offers a wide range of fitness programs, nutritional supplements, equipment, and gear for every occasion. From birthday wishes to holiday stocking stuffers, eGift Cards take the stress out of shopping for any occasion. They're easy to purchase and redeem, and feature Team Beachbody's unparalleled customer service. Plus, you get immediate delivery, making them great for last-minute gifts. What's more, our eGift Cards never expire.
WORKOUT ON DECEMBER 10, 2011 TO WIN BIG!
We're giving away $5,000 in Team Beachbody® eGift Cards to ten people who work out in the SuperGym® on Saturday, December 10 between 1–2pm in their own time zone.
Sign up today at www.teambeachbody.com/mhoward ! If you need any help just message me and let me know. I'm here to help.
I’ve been in the fitness business since 2004. I have heard 100's of excuses. I’m sure I’ve used a few myself. People tend to make every excuse they can when it comes to exercises & eating right. So many people come to me & say they want to change, they want to lose weight, they want to eat healthier…But then I get the excuses. The truth is that if you really want to do it, you do it. There are no excuses.
Sort of like watching your favorite TV show. You just do it. You don’t talk yourself out of it. Or having that bag of chips or fourth slice of pizza. You just do it. And at times we justify it.
In order to reach your fitness goals, you need to change your way of thinking. You need to view it as something rewarding to your body, mind & spirit. Don’t think of exercise as a chore. The 30 or so minutes you invest in your health will reap a lifetime of rewards. Much more rewards than watching a dancing show on TV.
If you’re serious about taking your health back, then stop making excuses. Why don’t you contact me and see if we can get you on the right track?
You can reach me at www.teambeachbody.com/mhoward
Previous PostsAre you struggling with weight loss??, posted November 13th, 2012
FREE FOR A LIMITED TIME!, posted November 2nd, 2012
ULTIMATE RESET STATS:, posted June 20th, 2012
ULTIMATE RESET DAY 3, posted May 9th, 2012
ULTIMATE RESET DAY 2, posted May 8th, 2012
ULTIMATE RESET DAY 1, posted May 7th, 2012
Why Most Goal-Setting Fails by Darren Hardy, posted January 19th, 2012
Make over your SALADS!, posted January 19th, 2012
Don't you dare make a resolution!, posted December 29th, 2011, 2 comments
Breakfast can help lose weight for 2 reasons..., posted December 15th, 2011
COMMON EXERCISE MISTAKES, posted December 13th, 2011
8 Tips to Avoid Holiday Weight Gain, posted December 12th, 2011
INSTANT Weight loss!!! Aloe Herbal Cleanse!!! Our Personal Testimony!!!, posted December 7th, 2011
Who is DynaMAXX? A Company With A Heart..., posted December 6th, 2011
Win a $500 eGift Card this Saturday!, posted December 6th, 2011
Tropical Shakeology!, posted December 3rd, 2011
IT'S FREE..., posted December 3rd, 2011
Healthy Holiday Gifts!, posted December 3rd, 2011
Give the gift of HEALTH & FITNESS!, posted December 3rd, 2011
STOP MAKING EXCUSES!, posted December 2nd, 2011
ASYLUM, posted December 1st, 2011
GET SLIM with this super snack!, posted December 1st, 2011
RevABS: Your 90 Day Ab Solution!, posted November 25th, 2011
Come Join The Beachbody Challenge!, posted November 25th, 2011
My love for fitness..., posted June 8th, 2011
Three years later..., posted May 21st, 2011
Need support to meet your weight loss goals??, posted September 11th, 2008
BlogrollHere are some friends' blogs...
HelpEmbed Photos Embed Videos